Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time and you may gain or lose money.
Retirement leadership claim is based on two surveys: The PLANSPONSOR magazine 2011 Recordkeeping Survey (© Asset International, Inc.), based on defined-contribution plan assets administered and number of participants of recordkeepers, as of 12/31/2010; and Cerulli Associates' The Cerulli Edge®Retirement Edition, Fourth Quarter 2011, based on an industry survey of firms reporting total IRA assets administered for Q2 2011.
1. Kiplinger's magazine, February 2011. Industry review ranking 14 leading discount brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: costs, Web site usability, investment choices, customer service, research and tools. Criteria not equally weighted. TD Ameritrade tied with Fidelity for the #1 spot.
2. There is no brokerage account fee on Fidelity's Traditional, Roth, SEP, and Rollover IRAs. Fund expenses and brokerage commissions still apply. Depending on your situation, fees may include low-balance fees, short-term trading fees and account closing fees.
3. Based upon published Web site commission schedules, as of 4/1/2011, for E*Trade, Schwab, and TD Ameritrade for all online U.S. equity trades. Other pricing may be available based on a specific asset level or a combination of trading and asset levels. $7.95 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades for Fidelity Brokerage Services, LLC retail clients; other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details.
4. Fidelity receives compensation from the ETF sponsor and/or its affiliates in connection with a marketing program that includes promotion of iShares ETFs and certain commission waivers. Additional information about the sources, amounts and terms of compensation is described in the ETF's prospectus and related documents. Fidelity may add or waive commissions on ETFs without prior notice
5. Other fees and expenses applicable to continued investment are described in the fund's current prospectus.
6. SmartMoney magazine, May 2011. Industry review ranking 17 leading discount brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: commission and fees, interest rates on cash, mutual funds and investment products, banking services, trading tools, research and customer service. Criteria not equally weighted.
7. A distribution from a Roth IRA is federally tax-free and penalty-free provided that the five-year aging requirement has been satisfied and one of the following conditions is met: age 59½, suffer a disability, death, or qualified first time home purchase.
8. For Traditional IRAs, penalty-free withdrawals include but are not limited to: qualified higher education expenses; qualified first home purchase (lifetime limit of $10,000); certain major medical expenses; certain long-term unemployment expenses; disability; or substantially equal periodic payments.
9. For a Traditional IRA, full deductibility of a contribution for 2012 is available to active participants whose 2011 Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) is $92,000 or less (joint) and $58,000 or less (single); partial deductibility for MAGI up to $112,000 (joint) and $58,000 (single). In addition, full deductibility of a contribution is available for working or nonworking spouses who are not covered by an employer-sponsored plan whose MAGI is less than $173,000 for 2011; partial deductibility for MAGI up to $183,000.
10. Cerulli Associates. The Cerulli Edge® Retirement Edition, Fourth Quarter 2011. Based on an industry survey of firms reporting Total IRA Assets Administered for Q2 2011.
11. Barron's, March 2011. Industry review of 24 leading online brokers. Fidelity was ranked best online broker for long-term investing and ninth overall. Overall ranking based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trade experience, trading technology, usability, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis and report, customer services and education, and cost.
ETFs may trade at a discount to their NAV and are subject to the market fluctuations of their underlying investments. ETFs are subject to management fees and other expenses. Consider all applicable fees and features before transferring your retirement assets.
Although guidance is provided one-on-one, it is educational in nature, is not individualized and is not intended to serve as the primary or sole basis for your investment or tax planning decisions.
Fidelity Portfolio Advisory Services is a service of Strategic Advisers, Inc., a registered investment adviser and a Fidelity Investments company. This service provides discretionary money management for a fee.
Brokerage services provided by Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC. Custody and other services provided by National Financial Services LLC. Both are Fidelity Investments companies and members of NYSE and SIPC.
Before investing, consider the funds' investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.
Fidelity Brokerage Services, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
© 2012 FMR LLC. All rights reserved