401(k) and IRA Rollovers
Simplify your savings with a Fidelity IRA
Consolidating your old 401(K), 403(b), or other retirement accounts in a Fidelity No-Fee1 IRA can make it easier for you to manage your portfolio and pursue your goals. You'll get:
- Guidance: Investing insights to help you create a long-term plan and choose investments
- Great value: No-Fee1 IRAs, low-cost trades2, and free planning tools
- Investment choice: Over 1400 no-load Fidelity & non-Fidelity funds, plus stocks, bonds, ETFs, and FDIC-insured CDs
- Rollover Specialists to walk you through the conversion process
Individuals who have changed jobs or retired and have left savings in a former employer's plan may be eligible to roll over a workplace savings plan (i.e., 401(k), 403(b), governmental 457(b))
Minimum required distributions are not eligible to be rolled over to an IRA
|Tax benefits||A Rollover IRA is a type of Traditional IRA with the same tax benefits - potential tax-deferred growth of savings|
|Withdrawals||Minimum required distributions starting at age 70½. 10% early withdrawal penalty if under age 59 ½ and no exceptions apply|
A more complete view of your financial picture, making it easier to maintain appropriate asset allocation
Freedom from restrictions that may be present in your workplace savings plan
Access to a wide range of mutual funds, stocks, bonds, CDs and other investments
The ability to withdraw penalty-free for a first time home purchase or qualified education expenses
Consider all applicable fees and features before transferring your retirement assets.
1. There is no brokerage account fee on Fidelity's Traditional, Roth, SEP, and Rollover IRAs. Fund expenses and brokerage commissions still apply. Depending on your situation, fees may include low-balance fees, short-term trading fees, and account closing fees. Other fees and expenses applicable to continued investment are described in the fund's current prospectus.
2. $7.95 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients; other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details.
Before investing, consider the funds' investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.
Fidelity Brokerage Services, Member NYSE, SIPC ©2013 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.